cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline switchover - wiring change needed

davey2600
Joining in

I have received the adaptor to connect the landline to the hub. The hub and the landline are in different rooms in the house. Moving the phone or the hub isn't an option. The landline is used by my 90 year old mother who doesn't have a mobile phone and relies on the landline for emergencies, medical appointments etc. Please help. my switchover date is July 17th.

5 REPLIES 5

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Davey2600 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting, welcoming you on our community forums 😊.

We can book an engineer free of charge to rewire the hub next to the landline.

Is there any reason why you wouldn't be able to do this? 

Let us know, we are here to help.

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

davey2600
Joining in

Hi Ari,

Thank you for replying so quickly. I have no issue with an engineer coming out to resolve this issue. Are you able to book an engineer for next week (any day except Monday)?

Thanks,

David.

Hi Davey2600 👋🏼.

I will have to private message you from here to discuss further 😊.

Please watch out for the envelope ✉. 

Thank you.  

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi,

I had to get an engineer to move the landline, and got charged £25! I thought it was supposed to be free!

Hi AnotherUser 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you back onto our forum 😊.

Sorry for the misunderstanding ☹.

Was the engineer booked for the switchover rewiring or just a normal rewiring around the property?

Let us know, we will do our best to help.

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team