cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline number wrong and no incoming calls

unolie
Tuning in

This switchover is chaos! 

My 93 year old father lives alone and I discovered 15 days ago his number has suddenly become disconnected. Just getting "you have dialled.an incorrect number". Discovered it's due to this switchover and because he hadn't responded to a letter - which he is adamant the never got - VM simply cut him off! 

I spent 4 hours in chats on the first Monday and was promised next day engineer would attend. I took the day off work - noone came. 2 more days in chats being told we will try send someone and still nothing. The engineer has been booked to attend a week later and he did come Tuesday and set everything up.

BUT - when he called me to confirm all was done, the wrong number came up. VM had not only cut my dad off, they had lost the phone number he had had for 30 plus years! Engineer made some calls and assured us the number would be ported back. It's now 5 days and the original land line number still "incorrect" and the new land line number doesn't ring either - just goes straight to dead. 

A friend of his called VM on Saturday and was told some nonsense about a REN value on the phones being too low? These are only a year or 2 old and have REN of 1. Only a single base station attached.

Please sort this mess out and get the number reinstated and the phone ringing again. 

1 REPLY 1

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @unolie 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and apologies for the issues that you have had with your fathers landline. So that we can assist you more directly we would need to bring you into a private message.

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina