cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working at all in GU1 area

jamesh8
Tuning in

My landline telephone has not worked at all since 2 March 2024. I live in Guildford, Surrey.

I reported the issue by phone on 4 March. They told me there was an outage in my area. They also sent me out an adapter (received 8 March) to try the Broadband router landline method, but that doesn’t work either.

I phoned again 27 March and they said there is still an outage and that engineers are still working on it. It’s a very long outage!

Posting here as a record and to see if anybody else in my area is having this issue. Could be useful to share info.

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jamesh8 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the landline fault. 

I've checked this for you and you are affected by an outage, fault reference is F011248698 for your records.

This is currently showing as fixed pending verification, so hopefully solved today for you.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jamesh8 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the landline fault. 

I've checked this for you and you are affected by an outage, fault reference is F011248698 for your records.

This is currently showing as fixed pending verification, so hopefully solved today for you.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John

Thanks for your reply. Yes, my landline is now working again. I just have to receive the compensation from yourselves for the 25 days it was out of action.

James

Great to hear all sorted.

I'll send you a PM now to investigate that.

John_GS
Forum Team