cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working, Worthing area

Sceppico
Tuning in

Hi there,

my landline appears to be dead. I’ve changed the phone over with a known working one, including leads, etc, but still not working.

I’ve checked the service status in my area and doesn’t show any issues in my area currently.

Would it be possible to look into this for me please?

Many thanks,

James

8 REPLIES 8

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sceppico,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your Phoneline has stopped working, have you received any notifications in regards to our Landline Switchover?

Regards

Paul. 

Hi Paul, thanks for the reply.

No, I wasn’t aware of the switch over. I’ve just spoken to customer services and they mentioned the same thing.

I have a technician coming out next week.

Thanks,

James

Hi James, Thank you for advising a technician has been arranged for your switchover, did they advise if this was the reason the Phone was unable to make calls?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

yes, they mentioned this is reason why the phone line isn’t working.

Regards

James

Thank you, once the Technician arrives they will make sure the line is converted and all up and running before they leave, apologies again for any inconvenience caused, if you do need any further help in the meantime please do not hesitate to reach back out. 

Regards

Paul.

Marcus_10
Joining in

Why did my mother not have a technician sent out when she lost her landline service? She's been without a home phone since the 4th of April, and when she finally did get though to a human being, they said they'd send someone out to her. Nobody arrived. She is still without a landline, and she has given up hope of ever getting it back.

Hi Marcus_10

I will send you a private message now so we can look into this for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

OK, the response from the forum team member notwithstanding, your mother has been without a phone service, which, I assume she has been paying for, since April, yes? They claimed that someone would be sent, did VM give dates and nobody turned up? The reason I ask is that, if this is the case, then they are on the hook for some  £26 for each and every day that a tech visit was booked and nobody turned up!

Tell me, and I do appreciate that this sound intrusive, but could your mother be realistically described as a ‘vulnerable person’? It’s just that if this in indeed the case, and VM have left a ‘vulnerable person’ (and don’t the regulators and Courts love that phraseology) in a degree of danger and distress - then it really won’t go well for them, should, anything happen!