cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline missed calls

Ipswichman
Joining in

Since joining Virgin a few days ago I keep getting missed calls messages although the phone hasn’t ring, when I check to see who has tried to ring it shows no number. On average I get 15 so called calls a day.

I have spoken to virgin who deny its their problem and suggest I change my handsets.

is anybody else experiencing it.

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Ipswichman wrote:

Since joining Virgin a few days ago I keep getting missed calls messages although the phone hasn’t ring, when I check to see who has tried to ring it shows no number. On average I get 15 so called calls a day.

I have spoken to virgin who deny its their problem and suggest I change my handsets.

is anybody else experiencing it.

Yes, 70 pages of it and counting below in the main topic on the subject. You are presumably using a Hub 5?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Constant-quot-no-number-calls-quot-since-moving-to-I...

Do not enter in to Virgin Media's trap of chasing your tail over which brand or model of telephone to use.

This is a 100% Virgin Media problem.

VM are being very coy about the matter as time is roaring by and none of the Hub 5's serious WiFI / DHCP / VOIP issues have been resolved.

The latest hardware release of Hub 5s appears to have added dead out of the box and dies in the 1st week to the known issue list.

Thanks, I was beginning to think I was going mad.

Yes I am using that Hub, Virgin should pull their finger out and get it sorted or is that to much to ask.

Hi @Ipswichman 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with missed call messages on your landline. We want to do our best to understand and to help. Just to confirm, have you tried an alternative landline device to see if the issue persists? Is your landline correctly connected as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover Do you get these messages at certain times?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

"Just to confirm, have you tried an alternative landline device to see if the issue persists?"

How about a candid answer just for once ?