cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline mess.

Andyc42
Joining in

About a week ago my land line stopped ringing, outgoing calls worked ok.  And caller display would come up briefly but no ringing.   Tried a different phone, same thing.

Called VM ( on hold for 45 mins),  and was told they would send me an adapter and switch me to using phone connected to hub.  A bit of an inconvenience as hub is upstairs in back bedroom/office, but phone is cordless so should have been ok.

Week later no adapter, ring VM again,  told same thing I needed a CV21 adapter for hub,  but I would need to buy one and then ring VM back and they would credit me for the cost!  VM apparently don't send out adapters any more.  I was also told new customers would also have to go and buy an adapter!  They also blamed the new hub (9 months old) for the issue.

Reading the forum sound like customers are being switched anyway and receiving adapter and instructions in the post, so not sure why I have to go out and buy one.

I can't find anything called a CV21 adapter anyway,   RJ11 perhaps ? my phone has an RJ11 with an adapter to the bigger BT plug,  can I just plug it in without an adapter?

Now there is an engineer booked, so more wasted time, but perhaps it will get fixed.

Anyone else with similar issues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Andyc42 thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

To be clear, customers are only converted to the 21CV network when they are invited to be so and they should be given a date about the switchover, have you received this please?

Additionally, you will be sent adapters in the post closer to the time of your switchover date, so we're sorry if you've been advised you should be one as this is definitely not the case.

However, switching you over to 21CV should not be treated as a fix to any issue relating to your landline, so can you please confirm if you've been invited via letter for the switchover and if you're still having issues with your calls?

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Andyc42 thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

To be clear, customers are only converted to the 21CV network when they are invited to be so and they should be given a date about the switchover, have you received this please?

Additionally, you will be sent adapters in the post closer to the time of your switchover date, so we're sorry if you've been advised you should be one as this is definitely not the case.

However, switching you over to 21CV should not be treated as a fix to any issue relating to your landline, so can you please confirm if you've been invited via letter for the switchover and if you're still having issues with your calls?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Andyc42
Joining in

No, I've not received a letter.  The first I knew about switchover is looking at this forum after being told I need an adapter.

Seems support are trying to switch me over rather than fix issue with analogue land line.

There is an engineer coming out on Wed, so hopefully he/she will be able to resolve.   Annoying waste of my time though, and astonished being told I would have buy an adapter, and then sit on hold again to get a credit for it.

(I've tried a couple of alternative phones, in the main socket,  so seems to be an issue with the line and not the phone)

Andyc42
Joining in

I can make out going calls,  but no ring on incoming calls.  Oddly the ring tone has now changed since my last call to support,  long buzz, short buzz, short buzz, long buzz ... 

Still seems to call out though.

Hi @Andyc42 thanks for your reply.

Yes, the switchover may well fix the issue but in reality, manually trying to process the conversion has obviously led to the prolonged delay you've experienced in getting it sorted so we are sorry for this. 

As you already have an engineer booked in to get this issue fixed that is the main thing here, but please let us know if after Wednesday you still need our support and we can do our best to help further if still needed.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Andyc42
Joining in

Engineer switched me over to 21CV,  all working ok now.

Hello Andyc42.

Thank you so much for getting back to us.

Great news to hear you are all up and running on 21CV.

If you need anything else, Were always here to help.

Gareth_L