cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline is not working

yuki2111
Joining in

My landline phone is not working.

I cannot make or receive any phonecalls.

I would like to know the possible reason and how to fix it.

15 REPLIES 15

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @yuki2111,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your landline service recently. I've checked things over on our systems and I'm unable to detect any faults currently.

Can you expand on the nature of the issue please? Is there no dial tone? Is there noise on the line? Can you make but not receive calls or vice versa? etc.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thank you for the reply.

If I call from another phone to my landline phone, the ring tone can be heard at the caller side but any tone at the receiver(my landline).

The display on my landline phone shows 'Check Phone Line', but the line is connected.

Hi @yuki2111,

I see. What happens when you attempt to make a phone call from your landline handset?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thank you for the quick reply.

When I make a call from the landline phone, there is no reaction. (No sound, no ringtones)

Hi @yuki2111,

Can you also confirm if your landline is connected via a wall socket, or via your router? Have you been able to test a different phone to ensure this isn't equipment related?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Thank you for the reply.

My phone is connected to a wall socket.

Hi @yuki2111,

Have you been able to test a different phone to ensure this isn't equipment related?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Thank you for the reply again.

Unfortunately, I don't have a different phone, so I cannot test the equipment.

Thanks for coming back to us yuki2111, I have just looked into this on our system and changed something on your line, please can you check the line again for me?

If this doesn't resolve the issues, then we would need to send out a technician to fix the issues. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L