cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline has stopped working

XTed
On our wavelength

Hi. During the past hour or so my landline has stopped working. Phones are displaying 'Check phone line'.

I received an email earlier this week telling me that the landline will be switched to fibre in November, so a long way off, but this seems very coincidental...

I've read other posts about mobile costs when ringing customer services, so I'd be very grateful if somebody on here could look into the problem for me?

The 'service status' thing is saying there aren't any problems. I've checked the connections on the phone equipment and all seems fine.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi XTed 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you back onto our community forum 😊.

Sorry to see your landline is not working ☹.

Have you tried using additional handset if so what happens?

Also do you have a dial tone?

Can you please try additional sockets.

Please let me know how you get on. 

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

XTed
On our wavelength

Hi Ari.

It's started working again, which is good. It definitely wasn't the equipment, so must have been a temporary fault.

Thanks for jumping in!

Ed.

No problem at all 😊

If the connection does drop again and there is no dial tone, please check this link to out service status page to see if there are any faults in your area.

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Arissa

Our landline has stopped working now as well. We are unable to receive or make any calls from our landline and we need to use it urgently please advice.

thanks.

Hi A-M 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you back onto our community forum 😊.

Sorry to see your landline has also stopped working ☹.

Is there a dial tone at all?

Have you tried to use the link above to our service status page, if so what does it advise?

Also you can run a faults test through our app, if there is a fault it will guide you to the next steps such as booking an engineer.

Let us know how you get on, we want to help.

Thank you.  

Ari - Forum Team