cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline can't make or receive calls

pvp1
Joining in

I have a dial tone but the landline can't make calls or receive calls, has a busy signal. I've tried all the standard things, checking connections, powering off, Internet is working fine,

3 REPLIES 3

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @pvp1 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your landline at the moment.

Can you confirm if you're phoneline is plugged into the main master socket, an extension or into the router?

How many pieces of equipment are connected to the phone line?

There are a few troubleshooting checks I will need you to perform to see if they are successful in resolving the issue. Can you: 

• Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON.
  • Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets.
  • Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in.

Let me know if any of these checks work at all, or if anything changes with the dial tone. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley,

Apologies for the delay. Issue has been resolved via engineer visit. No technical issues with the line or equipment but for some reason our number had been moved to call forwarding. It was corrected a few hours later, system rebooted remotely and all now working.

Many thanks.

Hi pvp1

Thank you for the update.

Were happy to hear this is resolved.

If you have any further questions, please pop back to us here and we will do all we can to help. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide