cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Dead

vineesworld
Tuning in

My landline stopped working over a week ago for no apparent reason. It is saying 'please check phone connection'. I am connected through the connection box on the wall that NTL installed. I have checked all cables with no success and your Web checks state that there is no fault.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @vineesworld

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with your landline service recently. I've checked over things on our systems and I'm unable to detect any faults currently that would explain this. Have you been able to test a different landline handset at all to ensure this isn't equipment related?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @vineesworld

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with your landline service recently. I've checked over things on our systems and I'm unable to detect any faults currently that would explain this. Have you been able to test a different landline handset at all to ensure this isn't equipment related?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

hello Zach. 

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately I have not been able to test the line with another handset because I don't have access to one. I did wonder if it was my telephone that is faulty.. 

I shall await your response as to what the best plan of action should be. 

Ideally I would like to terminate my landline..Easier said than done.

Thanks

Thanks for coming back to us vineesworld, If you wish to remove your landline, please speak to our team on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 opt 1, 4 and 4 again, this will get you through to the contracts team who will be able to look into this further for you but removing this part of your package may actually increase your package price due to discounts that are associated with landline packages. 

To have your landline issues looked into further, we would need to confirm a few details via private message. Please look out for my message and we can get started.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hello Steven. 

OK thanks, I will keep an eye out for your message.. 

Yes i suspected that removing my landline will have an effect on package price....

Chat soon

Vince

The message should be with you already vineesworld. 

To view the message, if you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.
If you are on a mobile/tablet device then click on the little circle icon in the top right  and then select 'Messages'.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

I have the same issue...Web checks say its fine...I've had this issue since 8th March..I know its not the kit as it was all working prior to this ....both my landlines are completely dead!

It's not equipment related wither zach...I know your only trying to do your job ..but it ain't working