cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wanted to change my landline number as i've been receiving malicious calls

A_N
Joining in

For the past couple of months, I've been receiving unwanted calls, where the number keeps changing and blocking them is becoming difficult. I wanted to change my landline number so I stop receiving them. 

8 REPLIES 8

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey A_N, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear this.

Before we start to change your number have you thought about blocking the numbers at all?

If you have and this is still happening we can go ahead with this.

Please let us know. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@A_N wrote:

... and blocking them is becoming difficult. 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@A_N wrote:

For the past couple of months, I've been receiving unwanted calls, where the number keeps changing and blocking them is becoming difficult. I wanted to change my landline number so I stop receiving them. 

It is only worth changing your number if you think you are being specifically targeted and/or want to break contact with someone known to you.

If you are receiving threatening or malicious calls targeted at you personally, you should report this to the police.

Your description (with ever-changing caller ID numbers) sounds more like general spam/scam callers who use fake caller IDs to place calls via automatic dialling. If that is the case, then changing numbers will only offer you temporary respite.

Also worth noting that your 'new' number will actually be a recycled number from a pool of numbers owned by VM. Your new number may bring with it its own history of nuisance calls.

You could consider this trueCall device which works well in my experience

https://www.truecall.co.uk/category-s/116.htm

second hand units crop up on eBay at much reduced prices. Some BT phones also have a simplified version of trueCall built in.

Rather than blocking numbers (which is a never-ending task), trueCall screens the calls and only rings your home phone if the caller completes the screening process.

Yeah it's coming from the same person but they keep changing their number so blocking numbers isn't helping.

As mentioned above we can look at changing this for you but what has been mentioned above is true it will come from a pool of numbers.

Please let us know and we can get the ball rolling. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I think it would be best to get the number changed. 

Thanks

No worries at all, I will send you a PM now.

Please look out for my message in your inbox. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

No worries at all, glad we managed to get this resolved for you.

Please do keep us updated. cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?