cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone number isn't valid

Karenpdance
Joining in

A friend has visited to say they can't get through on my landline. The number isn't valid. I've unplugged the phone and plugged it back in after 10 minutes. It still isn't working. Please can you help.

3 REPLIES 3

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Karenpdance,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your Landline isn't working, I was unable to locate you on our system with the details we have for you, so I can try to help I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received click on the envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul

Thank you for your reply. I do exist 😀

I exchanged WhatsApp messages over the last couple of days with VM. During the messaged I was told I was informed by email and text message that I needed to reply by 21st June or it would be assumed my connection wasn't required. I don't have a mobile phone or email address. My sister was staying with me so I used her phone to message VM and she set up an email address for me, but I don't have or want a mobile. I don't want broadband. 

Anyway the result was that I could have my line reinstated for £35! My monthly bill would be £63 or £64. I wasn't happy with the reconnection fee, so it was waived. The new agreement/contract arrived which stated the £35 fee.

The result being I am looking for another service provider.

Thank you for replying but as I couldn't actually speak to anyone (busy wait times) and even when I asked nobody would call me in person, I have decided that VM don't care about keeping their customers.

No reflection on you personally.

Thanks for coming back to us Karenpdance and I'm sorry that your recent experience has made you want to consider finding a new provider for your landline.

We will be sorry to see you leave us but understand the reasons why you have made this decision. We wish you the best of luck with your new provider.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L