cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Number Changed

hayabusa
Joining in

My original home phone number has changed since install of new modem and voip phone after renewing my contract. I had not used my home phone line for a long time and only used my mobile. But with the modem changing decided to plug a phone in.

However when I called out on it to my mobile my home number has changed. This isn't such a big issue as all my contacts are through my mobile. But the new number appears to belong or belonged to someone else. I am getting missed calls and messages left from their doctor and pharmacy and sounds like their contact details are using this phone number. Obviously pretty annoying if they dont update their details or unaware their number has changed.

Can this be sorted and checked?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @hayabusa 

Glad that we have been able to get this requested for you today. 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @hayabusa 

Welcome to the community forums

Sorry to hear of the issues you have surrounding your landline. 

If we are the owners of your older number we can see if it is possible to request this back for you, if not, we can request to change your number again, but cannot guarantee that a similar occurrence will not happen. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad that we have been able to get this requested for you today. 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

hayabusa
Joining in

Thank you for your help in resolving 🙂

Glad to hear that this is now resolved for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

I am having similar problem I am being charged extra for ringing my original number to get ring back how do I change numbers or stop this

I am being charged for ringing my original number to get ring back number

How do I stop being charged for access missed call on my original number

Hi @florence54 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're having 😔

Can you please expand on it a bit more? When you say "to get ring back", what do you mean exactly?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel