cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lag spikes and packet loss

parawson
On our wavelength

Hi,

Just this week I've suffered bad lag and packet loss when gaming,  previously my ping and latency was consistent.  I've attached a bqm graph from last 24 hours, i popped on game this morning, am I imagining it or is it a problem?

parawson_0-1708170752326.png

9 REPLIES 9

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The ping spikes are quite normal, but the packet loss shouldn't be happening. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

parawson
On our wavelength

Thanks, seems to only happen when gaming, I will continue to monitor it on bqm and if it keeps happening,  will get in touch with VM.

parawson
On our wavelength

Router stuff

Screenshot_20240217_125624_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240217_125633_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240217_125654_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240217_125721_Chrome.jpg

parawson
On our wavelength

Screenshot_20240217_125245_Chrome.jpg

 this is simulating warzone server in Germany 

parawson
On our wavelength

Still happening whilst gaming

parawson_0-1708194944330.png

parawson
On our wavelength

parawson_0-1708202663559.png

Hey @parawson,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to see you have been having these issues, with packet loss this is often linked to the servers/games you are playing rather than our connection, can you confirm if this happens on other games that you play?

Regardless with this we would like to go about processing out a technician to look into this further for you, for this I will be sending you a private message.

Joe

parawson
On our wavelength

Hi Joe,

When this happens I use the virgin app to check my status, to check for outages etc, when it checks my "equipment" it says a factory reset us needed, I do this and everything is fine for a day or two, then the same thing starts happening and I check again and another reset is needed. 

I don't know why but this only started happening about 2 -3 weeks ago, before that I had no problems.

Hi Parawson 👋 Thanks for getting back to us! 

Sorry to hear that this has been ongoing for you for a couple of weeks! Having had a look for you it looks as though there may be an issue with the signal coming into your home and reaching your hub - there are a large number of disconnections showing. We'd like to help get this resolved for you as quickly as possible, so it's best if we arrange a technician visiting to investigate and offer support. We will just need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can arrange this for you.

I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly