cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin email inaccessible since Tues 29 Aug 2023

alanplayford
On our wavelength

Email working fine on new (had it 2 weeks) iPhone 14 running IOS 16.6 until Tuesday pm when it suddenly stopped. 
Now will not work at all! Says password is missing” even though its not!

Deleting account and re-adding doesn’t work either. 
Worse still, I can find absolutely no way of accessing my emails via webmail as the MyVirginMedia  site doesn’t show it! 

As I am in hospital right now, I could do without a long and definitely not private phone conversation?!

Anybody got any suggestions?

Alan

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@alanplayford wrote:

Worse still, I can find absolutely no way of accessing my emails via webmail as the MyVirginMedia  site doesn’t show it! 

From what you say I suspect that a password reset for that email account might resolve things.

That used to be straight forward but a series of changes VM have made to the security of their email accounts over the last few months means this now quite a task. Your iPhone app will need to use a VM mail app password rather than the webmail password for instance.

To take it step by step, let's start by clarifying and trouble shooing  the problem I have quoted above from your post.

What happens when you sign in using the address of the problem email account here https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media  and then enter the current password when prompted?

That should take you to the My Virgin Media account for that VM email account. (In case you are not aware, all VM email accounts now have their own MVM account.)

What error message do you get, or does that take you into the MVM account?

If you get an error message it will probably need to be looked at by VM. If it takes you into the MVM account of that email address you may well be able to resolve things yourself, even if you need a bit more  advice from forum members.😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

oldcanon
On our wavelength

I have the same problem and its still ongoing now, it appears they just switched me out and I can't log back in

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@oldcanon 

If it is the same problem as alanplayford, (namely you cannot access the account via an email app such as Outlook), then I'd give you the same advice as in my last post. Try accessing the account via the webmail service.

However, your comment "I can't log back" suggests that you are posting because you cannot access the email account via the website.  In that case, with all due respect,  it's not the same problem that is being handled on this thread and you would be better off creating your own thread setting out exactly what you are experiencing.

That way forum members and VM staff can address your problem directly.😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey oldcanon,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email at the moment. Would you be able to answer the questions asked by coenoby and that will help us to determine your issues and the best way to resolve the issues.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L