cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM (Blueyonder) email down?

stevem999
Up to speed

Started getting server authentication errors about 30 minutes ago. No settings or passwords changed my end. Anyone else?

6 REPLIES 6

stevem999
Up to speed

So it looks like yet again my VM email is locked for no apparent reason by VM. Last time (only a few weeks ago) I was told it was a 'soft lock' and was released the following day, whatever that means. Any comments VM?

Fixed it myself in the absence of any VM support. Went through the whole ridiculous main password and app password reset rigmarole for no apparent reason, and now able to access email again. It really does seem entirely arbitrary when accounts get locked with zero communication from VM.

Hey steven999, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this,

Who has advised you this has been locked?

Are you having trouble getting into to the email?

If so what error message are you getting?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi, think it was clear from posts, but I have been locked out of my email a handful of times in recent months. I don't change anything but all of a sudden, no access to emails. Every time it turns out to be that you have locked my account for reasons unknown (as per the messages when you try to log in to webmail rather than my usual clients) and have to do all the password/app password reset process. My password is very secure and only used on my VM mail so really no idea why you keep locking it and requiring a reset.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It should be clear by now to anyone using VM email that they really want you to go away to another email provider so that they can close VM email down. So many problems over so many months - the message is there for all to see.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Sorry to hear this, let me send you a DM and we can take a look to what has been locked. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?