cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They have messed up my emails yet again

Bazzamer
On our wavelength

I phoned up today as I could not get into my Virginmedia emails,I spoke to a foreign man and said to him, do not reset my password or I will loose access to all my email accounts. I personally don’t think he knew what he was doing, as such I have no access to any of my accounts now. I have been trying for hours, can’t generate a new password, he gave me a temporary one, to an account that I never use. Now can’t even change my password just won’t let me. What do you do, now am in a complete mess, can’t even get back into the one he used. This is the worst service I have had, am going to the Ombudsman as just not good enough, they now taking £83.77 a month for standard package, and I never get a bill, want to try and reduce cost, but it’s all hopeless. I said I want to speak to a supervisor or senior manage so I can complain. I was told someone will contact you in 5 days, by then I will have many emails, and some will be important. If only we could speak to someone who you can understand, as they talk so fast and you just cant understand a word they say. I will just have to phone tomorrow and hopefully get it sorted, but I don’t hold much hope, wonder if I will get a refund for being over charged, let’s hear others comments, why do we pay all this money and get such terrible service, something has to change.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

polly43
Up to speed

I know what you mean about ringing what are laughingly called Virgin's 'CustomerServices'!  It seems to come from India or some country like it.  Like you say, people talk so fast, you can't understand them.  When you attempt to explain, they interrupt because they think they know what you're going to say.  But they don't.  You then have to tell them to please let you finish!  Then they don't know what YOU mean either!  You end up just going round in circles.  I don't phone now unless it is something really serious that I can't find out about online; usually because my online service is down anyway!  However, I noticed I couldn't get into my other Virgin e-mails yesterday either.  I could get into my main account, but not the ones that I have access to from my main account.  They all had small triangles next to them, which I took to mean they had errors!  So I just left it until today and apart from the fact that the sign-in page took an age to load, the e-mail itself, including the extra ones added to it, were fine.  I didn't have to strain my eyes looking for stuff like bridges, bikes and cars in their god-awful pictures either!  However, I learnt my lesson the hard way re. Virgin Mail.  I use Google now for my main e-mail account instead and use Virginh Mail as a back-up.  Google send them all onto Virgin.  Virgin Mail just isn't reliable enough.  I did hear a rumour that Virgin is phasing out their e-mail service.  I don't know if there is any truth in it though, but I wouldn't be surprised.  You should negotiate a new contract Virgin if yo0u are out of contract now.  You'll probably get them to bring your price down.  It seems you're paying an awful lot for just the basic 'Package'!  You're basically only leasing your V6 box from them for channels you can get on Freeview (and probably more) anyway.  It's the convenience of being able to record and stream programmes you're paying for really. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

polly43
Up to speed

I know what you mean about ringing what are laughingly called Virgin's 'CustomerServices'!  It seems to come from India or some country like it.  Like you say, people talk so fast, you can't understand them.  When you attempt to explain, they interrupt because they think they know what you're going to say.  But they don't.  You then have to tell them to please let you finish!  Then they don't know what YOU mean either!  You end up just going round in circles.  I don't phone now unless it is something really serious that I can't find out about online; usually because my online service is down anyway!  However, I noticed I couldn't get into my other Virgin e-mails yesterday either.  I could get into my main account, but not the ones that I have access to from my main account.  They all had small triangles next to them, which I took to mean they had errors!  So I just left it until today and apart from the fact that the sign-in page took an age to load, the e-mail itself, including the extra ones added to it, were fine.  I didn't have to strain my eyes looking for stuff like bridges, bikes and cars in their god-awful pictures either!  However, I learnt my lesson the hard way re. Virgin Mail.  I use Google now for my main e-mail account instead and use Virginh Mail as a back-up.  Google send them all onto Virgin.  Virgin Mail just isn't reliable enough.  I did hear a rumour that Virgin is phasing out their e-mail service.  I don't know if there is any truth in it though, but I wouldn't be surprised.  You should negotiate a new contract Virgin if yo0u are out of contract now.  You'll probably get them to bring your price down.  It seems you're paying an awful lot for just the basic 'Package'!  You're basically only leasing your V6 box from them for channels you can get on Freeview (and probably more) anyway.  It's the convenience of being able to record and stream programmes you're paying for really. 

Bazzamer
On our wavelength

Hi Pollu43, Thank you the lovely letter. Today I phoned them again, although the lady I spoke to was a bit easier to understand, but she seemed to be stumped at every corner. She was unable to send me a PIN code, but could not do anything, I was told it would take 5 to 7 days, must be because they only have one member of staff working. I said by then I could have a 100 emails and it’s just not good enough. As I have important emails coming through daily, she told me to phone back in 4 hrs to see if anything had changed. I could not be bothered to phone back for another hour long call on the phone. But later on in the afternoon, I noticed that my emails are now back to normal, that can’t happen as they supposedly have no access to passwords. I can get all my emails with no problem, as my Apple ipad gets them from Virgin server, how on earth I don’t know how it does that, as I can’t get into my emails on virgins website despite trying all sorts of passwords can’t even reset any of it. But why do they keep deleting passwords, then the customer complains and they seem to put it back to where it was in the first place. The last time this happened a English guy sorted it in about half an hour with no problem. They have already sent me a message to say how did they do, I gave them a big fat ZERO for all of it. You would think that the money they charge they would employ English staff who knew what they were doing.

I never got the chance to ask for a reduction of my plan, as you only can get a link sent to your mobile and it then cuts you off with a message saying thanks you for calling, so it’s a job to get through to talk to someone. I am now seriously thinking of going with someone else, as it’s so hopeless. Still have the same problem with the low output of volume of the V6, Freeview is fine so it’s their system at fault, but do I get any discount no they just don’t care. Thanks again for the really lovely letter.

Take care regards Barry

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bazzamer There was a fault yesterday, acknowledged by VM on their service status page, that caused issues with accessing emails via VM webmail and third party email clients.  This was resolved late yesterday.  This will be why your email address came back online.  Nothing to do with password changes or any other remote activity on your account.

As polly43 mentioned the future of VM Mail is uncertain.  They stopped issuing new email addresses two years ago and now require a third party email username to be set in order to make any changes to current VM email addresses.

If you do decide to leave VM and go to a different broadband supplier you will need a new email address in any case.  Your VM address will be deleted 90 days after the broadband account ceases.

VM 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

polly43
Up to speed

NEVER  change your user name or make any other drastic changes that people who work for Virgin suggest.  They are usually unaware of any current problems straightaway.  They make these suggestions because sometimes they think people have made mistakes and brought this on themselves.  From experience, I have found it pays just to watch and wait.  Usually things just get back to normal on their own.  So no knee-jerk reactions!  Give it time.  Apart from, say, the V6 box, as when they play up, it doesn't do any harm to re-boot (unplug it)  and wait for five minutes, which usually clears any problems, but if it doesn't, it's usually them (Virgin) so it's a case of watch and wait again.  I certainly wouldn't rely on Virgin e-mail though.  Why not try Google? I've used them from around 2016 and found them very reliable.  Otherwise, Hotmail, but I find their e-mail site very cluttered.  I like the clean, uncluttered mail site of Google myself.  😊

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Bazzamer,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear of your recent email access issues, and that you've also not had a good experience when raising your concerns with the team. Are your email access issues ongoing today, or have they been resolved since your posts?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!