cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synching Mobile to VM email

Smitan
Joining in

Firstly this is my first post so apologies if not clear. I upgraded my android mobile and was instructed to use a third party email (Gmail) to verify the integration. I have successfully linked the mobile to my VM emails however, I find that when I want to sign in to VM email on my PC I have to use the same Gmail user name that I use on the mobile. Is this correct?

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, each VM email address now has two different usernames and passwords.

For VM webmail and My VM access you use the third party email address username together with the VM account password.

For email client access the username is the full VM email address and the password is the generated app password in the format xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.

Each VM email address now has two different usernames and passwords.

For access to VM webmail and the My VM account the username is the third party email address with the VM account password.

For email client access the username remains the full VM email address with the app generated password in the format xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I thought I had got this sorted, however after 3 days off I tried to log in again only to find my VM account and VM email passwords did not work. After spending 40 mins+ with the helpline I had to give up as it could not be resolved. I now have to carry around my old mobile (to access my emails) and my new mobile. Why are VM promoting 3rd party email applications required for authentication purposes? My bank and building society use codes via my landline or mobile. How is this progress?. Now considering switching (been a customer over 25 yrs)

Hi Smitan,

Thank you for reaching back out, we are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused, have you now been able to get this working again or do you need further help with this?

Regards

Paul.