cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no email access

energise
On our wavelength

As requested by Mod Team. posting again re the issues. Support team say they were resolved, but they're ongoing here. 

Since Thursday evening, cannot access mail - server unreachable/ time out messages. 

Have tried various browsers, devices, password changes etc with no luck. 

What did work on my phone was turning off Wi-Fi. Unable to use mobile data / hotspot with laptop though as signal is poor indoors (plus that would be a workaround, not a fix!) Appears to be an issue Virgin has with my network? Aware this applies to others too as got this workaround from this board.

Received a text message from a company asking if my mail is down as they've been trying to mail me, but it's been bouncing back.

the issues identified by support definitely haven't been resolved, sadly = would appreciate any help!

16 REPLIES 16

energise
On our wavelength

More people tonight telling me mail to my address is returned as undeliverable -  really hope this is sorted out soon !

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@energise  You posted in another thread Re: Can't access account or emails - Virgin Media Community - 5481708 that you had moved to an area that doesn't have Virgin Media and that as a result you no longer have a VM Broadband account.  This, together with the non delivery messages that your contacts are sending you, are all indications that you VM email address has been closed down.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

energise
On our wavelength

I only moved three weeks ago,though, and was assured the email would be available for 90 days -  have checked on mobile data tonight, and the emails folk got the non deliverable message on have actually reached my inbox.. all very strange ! 

energise
On our wavelength

so the initial problem ( time out) is resolved - but now I cannot sign in as it says my email and password don;t match ! Both are correct. 

this needs to be fixed. 

I can sign in to my primary email account ( that I rarely use) . Tried sending mail to the main account I use and got this message 

host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [64.233.166.26]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<energisetherapytrainng@gmail.com>:
    550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try
    550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or
    550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. For more information, go to
    550 5.1.1  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser h12-20020adff4cc000000b0033af4010c4csi4275998wrp.302 - gsmtp

I assume this is the message others have been getting when trying to mail me, even though the emails are still coming through. There is a typo in the gmail address there too, but the mail got through ok. 

I am able to access the energise email address on my mobile, and the " undeliverable" message is in my inbox there. 

Have just rung customer service who have said the account has been deactivated. Unsure , if that;s the case, why I can still access on my phone? 
I need this account as a matter of urgency in order to transfer mails ( had several attempts in the past that all met with error messages at virgin servers  ) Now told I have to wait another 5 days 

and the latest - server now unreachable on my mobile. 

energise
On our wavelength

got a post was changed due to invalid html message when trying to post this 

energise
On our wavelength

and...   have tried other secondary email accounts, and can access those as well as the primary account - it;s just the one that I urgently need that I can access !  Nightmare. Really need help with this urgently .

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As the issue is with a Gmail address you will need to take it up with Gmail.  The VM Forum Team can only help with virgin media email issues.

Have you replied to the Private message that the VM Team sent in response to your new thread started today?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

energise
On our wavelength

there's the thing - it is an ntlworld email I sent mail to. it's bouncing as the gmail address I had to set up in virgin as the app mail address, except with a typo. 

Still able ( for now) to access the account via mobile data 

energise
On our wavelength

woops, and yes, I have replied. thanks