cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Re: Ntlworld emails closing

Squirrel21
Tuning in

I have an email address ending ntlworld.com and my emails have stopped coming through through Outlook. I can see my emails if I go into my Virgin Media account but no more through Outlook. Is this because VM are stopping all old email addresses? 

3 REPLIES 3

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Squirrel21,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue with your Email, if this still works on Webmail this would likely be an issue with the Outlook system, what we would advise doing is going about resetting your password and making sure the settings are correct.

Joe

My settings are all correct

Hi Squirrel21, 

Thanks for taking the time to pop back to us with an update 🙂

There are some steps you'll need to follow in order to resolve this. 

Please log in to My Virgin Media here > Click on Account settings > Virgin Media Mail settings > scroll down to the App password section and click the Generate new App password button.

You should get a pop up message asking you to verify your email address and you'll need to use a 3rd party email address to continue. You'll be sent a one time passcode to enter on the next page to verify it's you. Once verified you'll then be given an app password which will look something similar to: mail-horse-yellow-panda and you should note this down.

To get things working on an email client or app again, you will need to enter the new mail password in the settings. This will allow your emails to load again. In some cases, you may need to remove the email account from the mail client or app completely and re-set it up as fresh. If this is the case for you, please ensure you use your VM email address as the username and the newly generated app password.

These changes have been put in place as Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is now required. Just as a side note, when logging in to My VM, you will need to use the third party email address as the username and your original My VM password.

Please let me know how you get on and apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs