cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming or outgoing mail since 15/04/24

PaulP5402
Tuning in

Like many others on here with similar problems using Windows Live Mail on pc

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Subject 'test'
Server: 'smtp.virginmedia.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 465
Secure(SSL): Yes

Unable to send or receive messages for the Paul account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'pop3.virginmedia.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes

I can access my mail via my Virgin account online but find Live Mail more convenient.

Come on Virgin, please explain the issue to us all.

Paul
5 REPLIES 5

Jayleen
Dialled in

Me too, exactly the same message as you get PaulP5402. Just been to settings on webmail and under my ntl email address it says: External email is only aggregated when you are logged into Webmail. What does that mean ??

I don't want to log into webmail every day just to see if I have any emails especially having to remember the ridiculous passwords with the dashes we have to remember now. The email programme on the PC remembers the password even when you've turned the computer off .

Also in the Webmail settings there is no mention of  a password under " Security "  but they want you to list all other personal details like address and phone number, they've no chance. They even have Contacts in my address book whom I've never heard of, Banks I've never used . I've just had to go through them and delete a load. Some of them might have even been scammers for all I know !! 

Just seen a message on this forum where it wouldn't let me reply because I didn't click a link in an email. What email?? How am I supposed to know I have an email from Virgin Media when they won't let me see them ?

So no more DD information, no correspondence whatsoever from Virgin because it's not downloading to NTL inbox.. Problem is my Hospital appointments are also sent to this email address. Can't send emails that I have to send every month to various people.. Virgin Media have become abysmal.to say the least.

All this rubbish started when they joined up with O2. 

Hi Jayleen,

Really sorry to hear you are not able to send or receive any emails, this is very disappointing to hear, and I can assure you that this is not the level of service that we want to provide.

So I can help you get this resolved I have sent you an invite into a private chat, please look out for a white envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

No help for me on my own post ? 🤔

Paul

Hey @PaulP5402,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that you have been having this issue with your email account, we would like to look into this further with you to see if we can get this working through the 3rd party apps for you, for this I will need to confirm some information from you via a private message.

Joe

Hi Joe,

The problem seems to be resolved, I can now send and receive emails via Windows Live Mail 👍

Paul