cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to change my memorable word

Catmum95
Joining in

I was hacked on Friday and I am still waiting for Virgin to contact me about, so I thought I would change my memorable word so at least I can get through the bots on the phone, found the link I needs and it asked to change my email which I did and then to wait for the link, well I waited and waited and waited 4 hours later it finally turns up and of course the link is not working, so I then tried 4 other emails and they took around the same amount of time

Its just one email address on virgin that I use - one I forgot to change to gmail and the hackers changed the password, and of course I cant change it back 😞 

I have tried to get through on chat and I waited 3 hours on whatsapp for them to answer about the hacking apparently the report has been filed and they were going to get in touch Saturday morning afternoon and nothing

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Can you still access 'My Virgin Media' and use post #2 below

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Cancellation/m-p/5223354

or are you locked out of MVM too?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Catmum95 👋

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear this. I'd love to take a closer look into this so will pop you a PM 📩 now to help you further. 

Hope to hear from you soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Catmum95
Joining in

apparently the email is in my partners name, who hasnt had an account for three years and there is no way we can remember the passwords and account number etc, when I opened an account in my name I was told that the email address would be transferred to my account,  he now has to post in the forum before they can help further, so no help at all!

He cant post as the email that he he could have used is the one that has been hacked so it cant be verified as they have changed all the passwords totally fed up now