cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTL email still live - I cant access it or shut it down

Jason247
Joining in

I used an old iPad to access my NTL email. The iPad has died and I cant access my emails on another device because I cant remember any details of the NTL email account other than the email address.

I am no longer a Virgin customer.

The email is linked to an Amazon account and I cant change my email with Amazon without access to the NTL email while the email account remains live.

How do I shut down an NTL email account without access to the account. The address has been dormant for over a year but must still be receiving emails.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jason247 

The Forum Team (VM staff) will be able to close the account down for you. However. as you are no longer a VM broadband customer they will not be able to regain access for you.

The account, or at least it's mailbox, may still be receiving emails because when VM 'close' and email account they often seem to just remove access to the webmail account.

If you remember the account's password you could try accessing it via an email app or client. It is possible an email app might still be able to access the account because they access the account via VM's SMTP and IMAP servers.

That's a bit of a long shot but it might allow you to get through the Amazon account problem.

One of the Forum Team will contact via this thread in the next day or so,

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jason247 

The Forum Team (VM staff) will be able to close the account down for you. However. as you are no longer a VM broadband customer they will not be able to regain access for you.

The account, or at least it's mailbox, may still be receiving emails because when VM 'close' and email account they often seem to just remove access to the webmail account.

If you remember the account's password you could try accessing it via an email app or client. It is possible an email app might still be able to access the account because they access the account via VM's SMTP and IMAP servers.

That's a bit of a long shot but it might allow you to get through the Amazon account problem.

One of the Forum Team will contact via this thread in the next day or so,

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jason247,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having some trouble accessing an email account. If you're looking to potentially permanently deactivate and delete it then we can certainly take a look to see what we can do. Please respond to the private message that I'll be sending to you shortly and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!