Email
For all Virgin Media Mail questions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Sending email using your own domain

Introduction Email is evolving new methods to combat spoofing of email addresses.  While there used to be no checks on what email servers can be used by particular domains, that is no longer the case. Consequently when sending using your own domain u...

smtp2go_namesco_spf_dkim_3
ravenstar68 by Very Insightful Person
  • 0 replies
  • 16 kudos

Orphan Email accounts

IntroductionThis information applies to all four Virgin Media Email domains.virgin.netvirginmedia.comblueyonder.co.ukntlworld.comCustomers are increasingly coming on the Forum's after having email accounts locked/deleted.  This post looks at one of t...

• 0 replies
  • 81 kudos

Outgoing Authentication Issues? - Check Email Logs

IntroductionThere have been a number of threads on the boards lately where people have been seeing the password prompt pop up when trying to send e-mails.While the symptom is the same for many users, there are actually a number of possible causes.Bro...

outopt.JPG tbirdsave.JPG
  • 0 replies
  • 22 kudos

Ravenstar's Email FAQ's

The aim of this thread is to collate some of the stickies I have made in the past into one thread. In here you will find the following FAQ's Understanding Email Block ListsSPF, DKIM, and DMARC explainedGeneric/Dynamic host names prohibited - an expla...

• 8 replies
  • 7 kudos

Old blue yonder email

Hi I found a thread regarding someone that had had an old blue yonder email account hacked. The same has happened to me. Can someone help me to close down this email. I haven't used it for years but it is linked to a Microsoft email account I know us...

NJB29 by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Unable to access email

I am unable to access my email account, it keeps asking for password but entering it does not work.Could someone please check my account to see if the password has been changed recentlyas I have been receiving emails claiming my address and various o...

SCH118 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Server error. cannot send emails

This is the second time i have experienced the same issue. I understand that many other ntlworld users have had the same problem.So when will VM fix this!!!!! 

Garry-A1 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Closed email address

Can I restart a closed Virgin email address as our Virgin media account has the address to send contracts to which differs from the one bills are sent to

ph2 by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Email unavailable or locked

My email has not been accessible for over a week now.  The error message is "Your Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable"  The following note states that it may be locked or that there is not an active account.  Nothing has changed at my ...

Resolved! Email, passwords, accounts, and non-virgin email addresses

Hi,I am getting thoroughly confused.We have a 'main' Virgin Media account - billing, package details, etc. Only used for that purpose, although there is an associated email address.There are then 5 additional (6 in total) email addresses. For those I...

alip by On our wavelength
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can’t send or receive emails @ntlworld.com

My emails were fine yesterday but can’t send or receive today. I’ve checked the settings and they’re all correct.One message I get is username or password incorrect, as far as I’m aware neither have changed, the other is:Account error Ntlworld - Cann...

awr1946 by Dialled in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

my friend has lost an old blue yonder account

my friend has lost access to his blue yonder account because he has lost the device he had it on, so is there anyway to recover access to the email he has lost access to. he has the email still but can not remember the password but cant reset it beca...

claytonm by Settling in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Husband cannot access emails via Gmail

Hubby access his emails via the Gmail app.Today it denied him access stating it required password to be entered. As he is not the primary account holder, I am, how can we change his password WITHOUT it affecting mine     

moggy03 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Email login

Can’t login to my email I’m getting Forbidden i’ve added a new email address as told by VM but can’t login i need to see my emails

liz30538 by Superfast
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos