Zammie21
Tuning in

Yep,down again. 

Zammie21
Tuning in

How long has it been down Barbraella? 

Wendolene
Dialled in

Yep, down for me too. I cannot even log into Webmail, although I can still access my account. I am half way through conversing with a tech support company via email so now I am stuffed. Come on VM this is pathetic, It's happening far to often now. It may be a bit awkward changing email providers and letting all my contacts know of a new email address but I may just have to jump ship. This service is appalling.

mark_a_carpente
Dialled in

yep same for me

Tried in Outlook got 2 different errors for different email addresses. @ntlworld.com says "your server does not suppport the connection encryption type you have specified. @virginmedia.com says "the operation timed out waiting for a responce from the recieving (POP) server. was working fine yesterday. checked the service status and not showing any issues apart from some pluto tv on demand thing not working

people rely on email much more now than they used to. what if you're waiting for something important to be sent ?

notice that nobody from virgin media has replied to the several conversations that seem to be going on about it

MartJ
Rising star

email gone down here as well, just when I was waiting for a link to verify my email address. 😡

Service Status for Broadband relating to email
We hope to fix this by 15 May at 23:05

Outage Identified and Raised

You might find that your Virgin Media Mail isn't working at the moment. We are sorry and working hard to restore your Mail service as quickly as possible.

Martin

Sticks
Dialled in

So don't ring up when it suggests my account has been locked or do I need to ring up to get yet another pass phrase?

Tony_
Dialled in

Yup...   same problem here...

Unusually for VM they acknowledge an email problem on the Service Status page... (they normally prefer to disassociate themselves from such  difficulties as email). A call log of F011312129 and an estimated fix for Wednesday 15th May 2024 at 10pm.

If they say they're gonna fix it... their word is good enough for me !!

Tony_

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

Email now actually works LESS than it is BROKEN..

Every week, down goes the email, almost as regular as clockwork.

Just how difficult is is to maintain a basic email server?? 

WHY do VM insist in 'tinkering' with something that works, but they feel needs their 'expert' maintenance?? 😡

Wendolene
Dialled in

I think they want to annoy people so much they will change their mail service provider. It seems to me that they just don't want to provide an email service at all. I just wish that if that was confirm as being the reason, they would simply give every one that has a VM/NTL etc email address notice that the service was going to be ceased on such a date and be done with all this cr@p we have to put up with.