cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My email address is no longer existent according to technical support and never has been.

AdamHibb
Joining in
Tried to access my ntlworld email account yet again yesterday without success. This is an account I have used on a daily basis for 20 years (estimate). I then phoned up their technical team and he told me that according to their records no such email exists and has ever existed on this account and consequently I have escalated the issue and raised a complaint.

What has essentially happened is that I can NO LONGER ACCESS any of my emails, outgoing or incoming, either old ones or any further ones which may be sent to this address, and Virgin are actually denying I ever owned this particular email address. Bear in mind this is my WORK email.

As there is no error thrown when an email is sent to this (now) defunct address, people are still going to try to use it and will not know that I have NOT received it.

Note that the two other email addresses on this account (which belongs to my mother) are still fine, there is no longer a third, in other words mine.
3 REPLIES 3

AdamHibb
Joining in

We still have a valid account, the rep on the phone said that the two other email addresses on the account were present and correct, both of which are ntlworld email addresses, mine was absent. Note I had already phoned Virgin on 3 occasions the same day to complain I could not access my email and there were no suggestions at this stage it was NOT a valid address, and on one occasion the rep. actually managed to restore my email, but this turned out subsequently to be only temporary.

DavidBrawn
Tuning in

Similar issues for me. 9 hours on WHatsApp support yesterday to be told all would work in 2 hours. IT IS WORSE NOW!

Hi AdamHibb,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting our community forums. We're sorry to hear that you're unable to access your emails currently.

We are getting this issue with emails investigated by our IT Team; we will update you as and when we can. Sorry for the frustration this is causing as it has affected several customers presently.

We appreciate your patience and apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Kind regards Jodi.