Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Virgin Media e mail is currently not accessible

Slob
Joining in

Hi Eveyone

I am getting this message when I sign in:

'Your Virgin Media account is currently unavailable. This is either because your Virgin Media Mail account is locked, or because you don’t have an active account with us anymore.

The splash screen when I sign in tells me ‘Your contract has expired’ However, my contract was amended on 7th March so that should not be a problem

I followed the required steps to unlock Virgin Media Mail account

Signed in. No option to select ‘Forgotten your email or password? ‘

Opened ‘Account settings’

Was asked to change e mail address. I attempted to do so, using my g-mail account and got this message:

“You've recently requested to change the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media. Please check your emails and verify this change before making further account changes.”

Clicked ‘Save’ several times. Checked e mails as suggested -  No result

I now seem to be stuck in an endless loop going nowhere

I have disabled all antivirus, firewall. VPN etc and cleared internet cache. All other Virgin broadband and TV functions are working ok I have tried using both Chrome and Edge growsers without success

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Slob wrote:

Was asked to change e mail address. I attempted to do so, using my g-mail account and got this message:

“You've recently requested to change the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media. Please check your emails and verify this change before making further account changes.”

To workaround this issue submit an alternative third-party email address and then immediately resubmit the previous one; keep the tab open until the verification link is recieved.

FYI: your Gmail account supports sub-addressing, i.e. appending + followed by some text. For example if john.smith@gmail.com  is my address then a sub-address maybe john.smith+VirginMedia@gmail.com  — emails sent to a sub-address are delivered to john.smith@gmail.com's  Inbox.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Slob wrote:

To workaround this issue submit an alternative third-party email address and then immediately resubmit the previous one; keep the tab open until the verification link is recieved.

FYI: your Gmail account supports sub-addressing, i.e. appending + followed by some text. For example if john.smith@gmail.com  is my address then a sub-address maybe john.smith+VirginMedia@gmail.com  — emails sent to a sub-address are delivered to john.smith@gmail.com's  Inbox.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Hi Slob,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 😊

Sorry to hear you've had so me issues signing in, I can see that 用心棒 has offered some helpful advice, have you been able to follow this?

Let us know if you're still having problems with it today.

Alex_Rm

Hi  用心棒

Many thanks for your help. I have managed to access my Virgin mail account, so I am now back in communication with the outside world. Once I've got up to date with my e-mails I just need to sort out my Outlook account, but Iassumr this should be fairly straightforward. Thanks again