cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of blueyonder account, which I suspect was hacked. URGENTLY NEED ACCESS.

pearlbrinks
Joining in

Hi. I would like a VM expert to urgently get back to me about this. 

I was a Virginmedia customer for decades, as they provided my broadband/phone line/cable tv. Never chose to have an email account with VM in the first place, but apparently VM took over Blueyonder at some point, so they started managing my email account as well. 

I moved last year and left Virginmedia. I have now completely lost access to my blueyonder account, which I was still able to access via my laptop's Macmail, and I suspect/fear this was hacked. 

I VERY URGENTLY NEED ACCESS TO THE ACCOUNT AGAIN. First of all because I need to secure it, if it has indeed been hacked. Secondly because being locked out means I have just lost access to DECADES' worth of important records of old emails (both sent and received), as well as all of my email contacts, as well as not having been able to see any emails I might have received in the last week+, i.e. since I was suddenly turfed out of the account. 

This is appalling and highly damaging to every single aspect of my life - personal and professional. Can someone get in touch with me to assist. Even if this is just going to mean granting temporary access to the old account to allow me to transfer all the information/correspondence I had in there to a new account, before the old account is closed again for good. I cannot have a situation in which I have suddenly lost access to all of that. 

Prompt reply much appreciated please. Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Virginmedia only provide email service to their broadband customers, so it would seem your email account has now been closed.  It's explained here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

Hopefully you will have been keeping an offline backup of your emails. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey pearlbrinks,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account it could mean that your email account has been closed down after you left Virgin Media, this is shown in the terms and conditions of your contract with us. 

Any email address allocated by us to you will at all times belong to us and
you may not transfer the address to any person. If this agreement ends,
your right to use that email address will also end and you will no longer be
able to use the email address, so please make sure you have an alternative
email address and let your contacts know of the change, as we cannot do
this for you.

Blueyonder was the email domain that Telewest used, NTL and Telewest then came together, the NTL Telewest became Virgin Media and then Virgin Media O2 as we are today, so the email address would have gone through all the changes and be managed by Virgin Media. I would be happy to look into this to see what has actually happened but to do that I would need to take some details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L