cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Outlook e-mail error (0x800CCC1A)

Mark26
Tuning in

Like many users here I too am now having issues with this, nothing has changed my end to cause such a thing.
Monday the 15th April was the last day I was able to receive e-mails on my client.

I use Outlook 2007 and Windows 7, Nothing change my end, no Windows or Outlook updates so that rules out a change to either OS or the program. No settings were changed by me.

This then indicates that VM has changed something on their end, That they have not communicated any upcoming changes or acknowledged the current problem is frankly appalling.

17 REPLIES 17

davidas99
On our wavelength

I'm glad it's not just me...I have also had this issue since midday on Monday, when both my primary email and secondary email account started to fail on attempted connection, with the same error code, and the verbose error meesage claiming that 'Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified.....' Although this doesn't suggest that the account has been blocked by VM, which has happened in the past for no apparent reason and without any notification,  I've tried changing email password, twice, but to no avail (which is not entirely surprising given the error code). Likewise nothing has changed at this end and for the same reason as Mark26 states, and I'm also inclined to agree with the sentiments expressed in his last paragraph.

I'm having exactly the same problem, and when you phone them all they want you to do is change passwords, and not excepting the problems they have caused.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @Mark26 Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm so sorry to hear about the issues you are facing in relation to the email. 😢
Before we go ahead and do any checks - we need to see if the issue is with the client or with the email itself.

Can you confirm your email itself is working through the Virgin Media web mail?
Let us know. 🧾

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Ilyas_Y wrote:

Hey there @Mark26Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm so sorry to hear about the issues you are facing in relation to the email. 😢
Before we go ahead and do any checks - we need to see if the issue is with the client or with the email itself.

Can you confirm your email itself is working through the Virgin Media web mail?
Let us know. 🧾

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

I can sign in and view my email in my web browser.without issue

Hi @Mark26 👋.

Thanks for the update on this, should you need us again please do reach back out.

Sabrina

Melvinho1968
Joining in

Hi, I have the same issue.  I use outlook 2007 and windows 7.  All blueyonder and virginmedia emails were coming through fine on Monday 15th April but then suddenly stopped on Tuesday 16th April.  Any help would be most welcome. Thank you.

@Sabrina_B wrote:

Hi @Mark26👋.

Thanks for the update on this, should you need us again please do reach back out.

Sabrina

I still need you NOW, the problem is NOT resolved, I want to be able to use my e-mail client again which I currently cannot do, just because I can sign in via a web browser does not mean the issue is fixed 😞,

Questions that need answering

1, What was changed by VM on the 15th April to cause this

2, If this was a planned change by VM, why was no one told of it in advance

3, Why are VM not acknowledging there is an issue

4, When can users expect it to be fixed

kay999
Tuning in

I've also been having this problem for about 10 days now. I can send & receive emails via webmail OK, but not using my Outlook 2010 email client. I hadn't changed anything at my end and have been using the same POP settings for years without any problems.

Thanks to Knighthawk & others for telling us what they've tried. I've tried changing the Outgoing server (from SLS) to TLS, to Auto, and to None, and unticking "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)" for the Incoming server, but NOTHING WORKS. There are no other options available for me to choose - this is extremely frustrating, especially as I have 3 different accounts with VM and I need to deal with a large volume of incoming emails!!!

So come on VM, someone must know what's changed at their end to cause this problem.

dlenn
Tuning in

Also having the same issue. Outlook 2007 with Windows 7 (yes i know i need to upgrade) Husband suspects they may have changed something with the TSL encryption but updating that (with a microsoft knowledgebase fix) did not help. It was still working for me on Saturday.