cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails not sending since since Sunday 21st April

dlenn
Tuning in

Hi there,

Since yesterday I have not been able to send emails via Outlook 2007 on my windows 7 laptop. 

The webmail and mobile/apps are working fine. 

The error says 

Sending' reported error (0x800CCC1A) : 'Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for additional assistance.'

We have updated the TSL security setting as my husband thought it might be that but it has not worked. I tried changing the port and the server names but none of that helped. From the virginmedia forum boards it seems like a lot of people are also having this problem. 

Please could it be looked into. 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi dlenn, 

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your email address. 

To confirm, have you tested emailing different addresses?

^Martin

Hi Martin

I believe after trying various different things myself and over the many messages on this forum that your servers are not now working with third party client e-mail software such as Outlook on Windows 7. My father has a desktop (running Windows 7) and a laptop (running Windows 10). Both are using Outlook 2010 and both have exactly the same settings for his e-mail. The laptop with Windows 10 works fine but the desktop on windows 7 doesn't anymore since 14th April. Is there anyway you can escalate this with your engineers please as this is obviously inconveniencing a lot of your customers?

Many thanks in advance

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mutley33  It appears that the issue was resolved overnight.  There are several posts today saying that all is now working again.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you Graham. I had missed the posts stating things were working now so I tried again and indeed they are. Thank you.

techweb
On our wavelength

Is there any explanation for what happened