cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email sign in / email app issues

boybeattie
Tuning in
You've recently requested to change the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media. Please check your emails and verify this change before making further account changes.

trying to generate new app password cahnged but getting above error

also secondary email accounts getting this error 

The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them.

looks like previous posts on this suggest a virgin team members asks for DMS

8 REPLIES 8

boybeattie
Tuning in

just loking to fix to add to 3rd party email apps, mainly outlook

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is a section in this help page that explains how to add a VM email address to a third party email app. 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/manage-email-account

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham. I did that. I'm looking for anew email app password where it asks me to change my login email as part of security. That gives me the 1st error of 

2 hours ago

You've recently requested to change the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media. Please check your emails and verify this change before making further account changes. It doesn't let me go further than that. Tried all the troubleshooting but no joy

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the verification email arrive in your third party email account?  What happens when try and verify it?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Nothing through to thr new email or spam I'm afraid 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you send and receive other emails successfully through your new third party email address?

If so but the verification email isn't coming through then I think that the VM Forum Team staff will need to look at your account.  They will respond to this thread in due course.

Hi @boybeattie 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies for the issues that you are having with your emails. Can we ask is the situation still ongoing or have you been able to resolve this?

Please let us know. 

Sabrina

@Sabrina_B still having issues  thanks for looking into this. Looking to generate new app password and rectify virgin mail secondary accounts to work on the Web. All without hopefully changing my virgin media log in