cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email hacked (virgin.net)

WSTSHT
Joining in

Hello.   Can you help urgently?!

My old virgin.net email account (not linked to broadband etc.) has been hacked and I have been sent an email threat/ request for funds with them quoting my password.   I cannot change my password online and I really need to either change password or delete account straight away.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This form of threatening communication is a common tactic used by miscreants to extort victims. To improve the likelihood of success the miscreant will deploy a  psychological ruse by including information that they have obtained elsewhere to imply truth and/or risk from other things mentioned in the communication. For example, the miscreant may quote an old or current password that the victims uses or used to use.

For further advice see Report a phishing attempt | Action Fraud

The forum team should be able to help with deletion of the account however be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi WSTSHT 👋 welcome to community! Thank you for posting.

Sorry to hear these concerns about your virgin.net email account.

If you are an active services customer you can delete the email address yourself by heading to 👉 virg.in/myVM MyVM account (not webmail) - top left menu, go to account settings - account details - click "Manage other My Virgin Media accounts" at very bottom - and it should be there to delete.

If you no longer have active services with us, email addresses should be deleted automatically after 90 days if your services ending. You can read more about this here 👉 How to manage my email account | Virgin Media Help. However, I appreciate this is of concern, so i will send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can offer further support if needed. You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩

Thank you for your patience int he meantime! All the best.🌞

Molly