cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email - 3 accounts can access them, just about, but don't know how I am doing it. Do not understand

Emily2
Tuning in

Need help understanding the reasoning behind and how it is all set up in My Virgin Media app.  Have done it, and can access email on desktop but do not understand how I have done it.  Nothing makes sense and I go around and around for hours, trying to understand.  Have reset passwords hundreds of times by now.  This has been going on for months.  Also used to have emails through my iphone.  This too stopped working months ago.

Virgin Help pages clearly created by computer technicians and are not meant for the general public.

Can I get help from somewhere to understand how to access my email accounts properly.  1 original, 2 secondary.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @Emily2, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion that is caused over the administration of the E-Mail accounts.

You may find answers to your E-Mail questions via this link here

But do please feel free to come back to us with any follow up questions, or any questions that are a little more specific to the overall issue experienced.

Thanks,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

To be honest you'd be better off moving to something like Gmail or Outlook which don't have all these problems.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @Emily2, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion that is caused over the administration of the E-Mail accounts.

You may find answers to your E-Mail questions via this link here

But do please feel free to come back to us with any follow up questions, or any questions that are a little more specific to the overall issue experienced.

Thanks,

David_Bn

Thanks David for replying.  But the Help pages are exactly what I said, written by a computer technician who knows what to, but doesn’t know how to write it for a non computer person.  The instructions only go a short way then leave you to figure it out the rest.  Not one of them is understandable to a lay person.  I need step by step guidance.  You have not helped.

I think you’re right, but 3 accounts it’s tricky.  Virgin doesn’t give you an option to export emails either.  

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

VM have every appearance of running their email service into the ground. They stopped allowing new email accounts a couple of years ago, and you have found for yourself how difficult they have made it to use. Many accounts have been hacked, and this forum has new complaints every day. 

If you ever leave VM broadband you will lose their email, and although VM have not made any official statement, some of their support staff have said that it will stop this year. 

I'd advise anyone using VM email to open up alternative accounts and start moving their contacts over while they can do so without being under pressure. . 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.