cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting old virgin net email addresses

AlexUK2
Joining in

It is some 20 years since I left virgin net as my ISP. I have never had an account with Virgin Media.

I still have 2 old virgin.net email addresses which I don't use but am receiving regular spam email on. I have been unable to delete these (even the secondary address) on the Virgin Media website.

The addresses have been pwned and I only get annoying spam messages. I thought old email addresses were automatically deleted 90 days after leaving but here I am more than 20 years later and they are still active.

Please can I get help on deleting these redundant email addresses?

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @AlexUK2 

Welcome to the community forum. 

Sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your old emails. They should have been deleted, my apologies for that. 

We can get this requested for you at our side. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Private message sent.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @AlexUK2 

Glad we were able to get this all requested for you today. If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

AlexUK2
Joining in

Private message sent.

AlexUK2
Joining in

Good luck with this. I have been trying for months to get Virgin to delete 2 old virgin.net addresses. I left Virgin 20 years ago but these mailboxes are still active. They've been hacked and I receive constant spam.

Virgin say they were transferred to TalkTalk and are not on Virgin's system. I contacted TalkTalk and they say they are also not on their system. Someone is hosting them!

I am going round in circles here.

Good luck.

Hi AlexUK2 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having your former virgin.net email addresses and for any concerns it may be causing you. I would like to take a look on your behalf, to see if we can action your request. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R