cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send emails

Wokinggordy
Tuning in

As with many others here, I’m having problems sending emails. I’ve gone through the whole rigamarole on the VM website, changing passwords, opting for alternative email address, forwarding emails etc but still doesn’t work. Judging by the number of complaints it’s not just me -VM can you PLEASE sort this out.

6 REPLIES 6

Ryan_c1
Tuning in

Got the same issue tonight, yesterday I had to reset the password, all was working until tonight. I can receive but not send.

Just a heads up, I fixed it by resetting the app password again, then updating my outlook settings with the new one.

Yep, same as me.

My email is ntlworld.com, I used Googlemail as my second email address to get the password. I can now access emails on webmail but although I followed the instructions for Googlemail to forward my emails to ntlworld, nothing happens.

what do you suggest I do?

Wokinggordy
Tuning in

OK, now sorted. Yesterday I went through the steps on the page "Your Virgin Media account is currently unavailable" which is quite a rigamarole. However I made the mistake of, after the "Get password" step of thinking that meant I had to use that password in the Gmail a/c I'd had to use to access my VM account. Anyway, I did access to functioning webmail but couldn't access via my Apple Mail app.

I phoned customer support today, Saturday, and after hanging on for about 45 mins was answered by a most helpful girl in Mauritius. My mistake had been to think the "Get password" was giving me a password to use in Gmail but it was to use to get into my Apple email. Once I did that and waited 10 mins (the young lady stayed on the line), all was solved.

I must say it's very confusing to a non-techie like myself. Not to mention stressful.

Hi Wokinggordy, 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you onto our community forum 🤗.

Sorry to see it has been stressful for you and a little confusing ☹. 

We are glad that our team was able to resolve this and hope it is still working for you. 

If you ever need to contact us just know you can use this link too.

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide