cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access virgin media (old blueyonder) email

bizzehdee
Tuning in

I have followed the details on the help page to log into my virgin media email account to access my old blueyonder account (for some reason, the recovery email address for my gmail account). But the part where it says click account settings, then account details... I do that, and then the help guide says to cllick "manage next to manage your virgin media app password under virgin media mail"... none of this shows up under account details. What am i missing? How do i go about recovering this email address (or at the very least, recreating it and hoping nobody else has recreated it since)

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bizzehdee Is the email address concerned attached to your current VM broadband account?  If not then you may not be able to access it via a My Virgin Media account.  If it is attached then follow these instructions:

Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email

If the email address concerned has already been deleted or is going through the deletion process then it can't be recovered.  Neither can the email address be recreated by anyone else as once its gone its gone for good.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @bizzehdee 👋

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding your email query. Can we ask are you still having an issue or has this since been resolved? 
We will send you a private message for you to respond to should you still need further assistance.

Keep us updated.

Sabrina