cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Virgin Email Address Issue

Ann14
Joining in

I have a two Virgin email addresses and my 2nd one is the one I use for all important emails etc.   If I try to access via my laptop it is asking me to "update" my password.   It's not asking me to enter my original password, nor it is aksing me to change my password.   I am putting in my exisitng password and it just comes straight back up with the same message.  I put in a new password and the same message comes up again.  If I try to access the email account via my phone it says "to use this account you need to verify your idendity.  Tap your account below to sign in".  When I tap the account (which is a link to my email address) it is asking me for my password (the same as on my laptop).  I put my password in, but the same message comes striaght back up.  There are no options anywhere to change my password.   If I log onto my Virgin Media account the only email I can access is my primary email.  There does not seem to be any option within my account on Virgin Media to access my 2nd email address.  I have tried to contact Virign by phone but no answer.  I am in the middle of dealing with everything relating to my Mother's death and have given my 2nd email address out to all concerned so I am desperare to get this resolved. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ann14 Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ann14 Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks