cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Contract cancelled by Virgin Media

SCJC57
Tuning in

Hi has anyone had their new contract cancelled only to be offered a more expensive one?

In February I was offered a new contract 2 months before current one expired, so I renewed it and signed the agreement as it was a good deal.

Then recently I received emails to renew my contract, and thought it best to call VM to see why. 

i was told that the contract I signed in February was not on my account, even though I was paying the new contract amount.  I wonder if it’s a case for the ombudsman to look at.

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The process would be a formal complaint to VM first of all (a required first step but likely to be a waste of time) then escalation to the ombudsman.

You may wish to make a DSAR for info relating to your account to collect any evidence if available

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar

particularly if any phone calls were involved as these have a 180 day retention period.

unisoft
Well-informed

@SCJC57 wrote:

Hi has anyone had their new contract cancelled only to be offered a more expensive one?

In February I was offered a new contract 2 months before current one expired, so I renewed it and signed the agreement as it was a good deal.

Then recently I received emails to renew my contract, and thought it best to call VM to see why. 

i was told that the contract I signed in February was not on my account, even though I was paying the new contract amount.  I wonder if it’s a case for the ombudsman to look at.

This is rife in the forums at the moment. Lots of people complaining about offers they can't take up and contracts appearing that was not the same as originally agreed and more expensive and in some cases with lesser services. I really do not know what is going on with VM. Loads of long term customers also been giving notice...