cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOYAL LONG RUNNING CUSTOMER, FACING MASIVE HIKE IN CHARGES AGAIN

engineer350
On our wavelength

My broadband is going up to £40 for M50 Broadband, something seriously wrong when new customers can switch to Virgin 264 Mbps for £30 for and 18-month contract or I can go to Sky or Vodaphone for a slightly higher speed for £23 a month.

Virgin need to look at my long standing account and offer me a better deal or I will change, I thought they stopped all this nonscience of offering new customers better deals than long running ones such as myself good deals

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM may well have a look at how long you have been a customer for but it won't be to reward your long service. It will be to work out how likely they think you are to switch provider and, based on that, how high they can keep your renewal price to get the best return from you for the next 18 months.

You have done your research and found Sky and Vodafone are cheaper. Armed with that info, go through 'retentions' and put in your cancellation. See if they can come up with an acceptable offer before you depart. Have in mind what your bottom line figure is which will stop you leaving VM.

The above does only work though if you are willing to follow through and actually leave.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM may well have a look at how long you have been a customer for but it won't be to reward your long service. It will be to work out how likely they think you are to switch provider and, based on that, how high they can keep your renewal price to get the best return from you for the next 18 months.

You have done your research and found Sky and Vodafone are cheaper. Armed with that info, go through 'retentions' and put in your cancellation. See if they can come up with an acceptable offer before you depart. Have in mind what your bottom line figure is which will stop you leaving VM.

The above does only work though if you are willing to follow through and actually leave.

Thank you for your help I will do

Richard1959
Dialled in

VM pricing is high but in regards of offers to new customers being better than those for existing customers that's actually the same for other companies (SKY for example).

As Goslow has suggested do your research find an alternative package elsewhere that you would be happy with and then contact VM and have a conversation with them about leaving unless they can come up with something better for you. Be honest with them though because if your not serious about wanting to leave and don't have all the alternative facts and figures then they may offer you a small reduction but if your genuinely going to leave then they may come back with something better.

I negotiated with them and settled for a price that was a fair bit better than I was paying but not as cheap as the SKY package I could have switched to however I felt that the person I was talking to had made what I felt a decent effort to try and help so I have stayed with VM.

Already in the process of changing, cannot get my email working same as lots of people with the same problem, mu contract finishes on the 27th October so I have something in place for when I cancel then  

my concern is if I leave I loose all my email addresses that I have had for over 30 yrs & that would mean starting all over again with all my online accounts etc. 

many years ago I should have changed my emails to throw away ones like gmail etc rather  then stick with the old ntl  or virgin ones 

citycash
Tuning in

VM is a bunch of crooks, Daylight Robbery. Nearly 20 years of giving them money, Yet they offer complete newbies £26 a month for 132 mb.

I only started with the because I despise the competition more, I will never give SKY a penny, and after 40 years in business BT will never ever get anything from me. They are all loathsome Multi national conglomerates, that care nothing for customer loyalty.

LIT Fibre will be introduced to our area in the next year, So that's where I'll be going 

Get a Yahoo email address Free,

I've never paid for email in 28 years and have never understood why people do so.

When joining you have No Obligation to use their proprietary email services.

I had been with Virgin for some 27 years, contract coming to an end and prices going through the roof and like you I too used their email service but I bit the bullet and cancelled and moved over to Community Fibre just last week.

I just created a free gmail account and then slowly over the weeks moved everything over, starting with the important stuff first. I also enabled 2 factor auth on the gmail account and used this opportunity to sort out and change to secure passwords where needed.

So all in all good and I’m more than happy with Community Fibre, my WiFi now no longer drops 5-6 times a day as it did with Virgin. 

In HA7. Billing Area 21.
Utilisation Fault
F003502423: Review Dates -> 07/10/2015 -> 02/12/2015 -> 20/01/2016 😞 -> Closed 🙂
Utilisation Fault F004873444: Review Dates -> 29/03/2017 😞 -> Closed 🙂
Utilisation Fault F005506920: Review Dates -> 09/08/2017 -> 08/06/2018 -> 13/06/2018 -> 11/07/2018 -> 12/09/2018 -> 29/05/2019 😞 -> Open 😞