cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting daily sales calls from VM

tonyw2
On our wavelength

This is getting annoying. VM are phoning me daily to try and sell me something, I'm not sure what it is because they either get cut off, or call me when I'm driving on the motorway, or promise to email the offer and not do so.

Could a staff member please sort this out? If there is a special VIP offer, exclusively for me, can it please be sent by email so that I can give it my consideration.

8 REPLIES 8

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Might be scammers. You can also turn marketing off here https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/account-settings/preferences

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

tonyw2
On our wavelength

I don't think it's scammers, I spoke to customer services a few days ago and they thought it was the marketing team and said they would change my settings so that all offers will be by email but still the calls continue.

I'd double check on your account directly in that case via the link above. AFAIK it's all or nothing too with VM marketing. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

They phoned again, difficult to understand from a fast talking sales person but this time I did get the requested email plus a text message which contain contracts.

Currently I'm paying £26.50pm for 130mbps broadband.

They are offering a Big Bundle Package (which seems to be little more than Freeview channels), M350 Fibre Broadband, Virgin TV 360 box Mixit TV and Telephone Line Rental Weekend chatter for a monthly cost of £36.00. The thing is, as I keep telling them, I don't need a TV 360 as I have a Humax Freesat recorder and Fire TV sticks and Cube, 130mbps is adequate for my needs, and I have no need for a landline, mobile (Lebara) is adequate. 

It also says that prices may rise during the contract, whereas the last person I spoke to said categorically that they wouldn't. Surely this is sharp practice?

Why do I get the feeling I'm being railroaded?

It's not a bad offer but then you sound happy with what you have so I would just stop all marketing if I were you. 

tonyw2
On our wavelength

They just phoned again and I told them I'd pass on the "upgrade" as it would not give me any real benefit over what I already have for an extra £9.50pm. 

On the marketing page they state "We promise our communications will be relevant, and we won't bombard you."

Sounds like they are making the Somme look like a picnic in their phone bombardment of you. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @tonyw2 

Have you turned of the marketing consent as suggested by @Cardiffman282 

It does take up to 28 days to take effect but that should prevent future phone calls/text messages/emails from marketing after that period.  This won't however prevent mailshots to "the householder"

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali