QuickStart, set up and connections
Installing and configuring your kit
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Brown Box Cover Loose

My brown box ("Omni Box"?) on the wall outside has had a loose cover for a while, which has now completely come off, exposing the cables inside (one of which seems to have bare wires coming out of it!).Apologies if this is the wrong board for this bu...

IMG_0078.jpeg

Installing VM on private road

Have just purchased a property on a private road. The adjoining road has a virgin fibre supply but the private road does not. Possibility for 8 extra connections down the private road. How do I go about getting a virgin connection 

1gb speeds? Nothing like 1Gb

Got new virgin Fibre on Thursday, was told to wait 24 hours before I would be able to enable Modem Mode to allow me to use my own router etc.Turns out that was a lie and you cannot put the 5x hub in to Modem Mode at all, just not a feature.Anyway, I ...

Parzival_0-1687778778472.png
Parzival by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! WiFi signal is bad

i am melissa i live in brixton [MOD EDIT: Personal details]. My WiFi signal is very weak. I've been without WiFi for three days. It comes and goes and I have not been able to work or see anything because the WiFi does not work. We have turned off the...

Melisa by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enabling Modem Mode on Hub 5x

I have recently had Virgin installed and have a 5x hub.I told them all along I need to use my own equipment (I am an IT professional and need certain security and wifi solutions) and was told this isnt an issue as you can put the hub in Modem mode.Ho...

danny62 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos