Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub 5 - stock

I’d like to ask Virgin support via the forum team, why it is that existing customers seem to always be at the back of the queue, or not even in the queue? This is with regard to the elusive Hub 5. I have been a 1gig customer for quite a while now, an...

Festwit by On our wavelength
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do I order WiFi Pods?

HelloMy broadband speed is a bit spotty in my flat - I get 500mbs+ in my bedroom (Bedroom 2) where I use it most but poor readings in the rest of the residence.I used the Connect app to get readings (Bedroom 1: 19 mbs, Bedroom 2: 540 mbs, Hallway: 17...

Hub 5 - keeps disconnecting

HiSet up my new hub 5 last week but it disconnects frequently throughout the day. The white light stays on and solid and devices still seem to be connected to the hub but there is no internet for a short time when it happens. Then after a few minutes...

Raff11 by Tuning in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Order WiFi pods

Hello My broadband speed is a bit spotty in my flat - I get 500mbs+ in my bedroom (Bedroom 2) where I use it most but poor readings in the rest of the residence. I used the Connect app to get readings (Bedroom 1: 19 mbs, Bedroom 2: 540 mbs, Hallway: ...

Need longer coaxial cable

Afternoon all,Been trying to get in touch with CS but I’ve gone in circles so many times I’m near dizzy - seen others have some success on here so - here I am!Looking to get a longer coaxial cable fitted to the router as the current length won’t reac...

Orange Light

I have a permanent Orange light on my hub.  I have followed all of the advice I can find on this and still permanent orange light.  I have reset the hub and it is still the same.  I appear to be getting intermittent internet.  I was going to phone ab...

Sally26 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Splitting 2.4g and 5g

Hi All, could anyone explain me how to split current Wi-Fi setting into 2.4g and 5g. I cannot see that option on the app.Thanks

Nintendo Switch DNS resolution at Hub 4.0

I recently moved to current property and got virgin media Hub 4.0. Although all of other devices could have wifi connection, only my daughter’s Nintendo switch could not connect, though it could be connected to other networks (such as wifi at previou...

Kmp by Tuning in
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos