Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Broadband constantly dropping

I’ve phoned up 3 times in 3 days now to sort out my broadband issues and every time I’ve come of the phone I still have the same issues only now I’m on a new contract for more money which I’m cancelling very soon 

jjb1968 by Just joined
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Can’t unpause a device

Hi I paused the Ethernet connection to my cctv and now when I go in the app to unpause it It tells me it can’t I’ve restarted the app and my router and the cctv and tried again and again but still can’t un pause it can anyone help me please thanks 

Resolved! iPhone hotspot - IPv4

Am I right in thinking that the hotspot uses IPv6? Is it possible to change this to 4? Trying to connect my car system to WiFi but it requires 4

jmholt18 by Tuning in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 3 orange ligth intermittent internet

Hi we have a hub 3 with an orange light and for about the last 3 weeks the Internet keeps dropping out even on an ethernet cable  you can't make a teams call  as it cuts out every minute   we have reset the hub loads of times to no effect still getti...

Resolved! Web Safe turned off but still blocking websites

I have looked through the other threads that are about this same issue but they seem to have all been resolved in private messages. I recently moved house (last week) and changed to an broadband only package. The Web Safe function was disabled in my ...

matt1loc by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

DDOS Attacks

Hello, I have recently been dealing with daily DDOS attacks. Is there any possible way I could change my IP address or a thing of this sort. I have no clue what I can do. I am with virgin but I know they provide state IP’s.

Radio021 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 4 dropouts

Hi all, this has been happening on & off for about 3 months now.To cut a long story short, there was a local problem which was fixed round about Christmas, problem went away for a couple of weeks & then started again but nothing on status to suggest ...

Screenshot 2023-03-01 101638.png
sousie27 by On our wavelength
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Gig1 business & 100mbps upstream

I've just noticed that VM are now advertising new upstream speeds on their business packages. My Gig1 is still running at 50Mbps upload and VM are now advertising 100Mbps. What do I check on my CHITA modem to see if I should be getting, or can get, 1...

eustas1 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi pods slow speeds with Xbox Series X

I’ve tried every available contact route, virgin, even contacting plume who make the intelligent WiFi pods to attempt to diagnose the issue. The Xbox Series X gets really slow speeds with the WiFi pods both wired and wireless (90mb down when before I...