Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

5G sim and router?

Hi there, I'm currently using a 5G sim in a smartphone for internet access at work, but is it possible to use that sim in my old Hub3 router via an adapter or something?That way, I'd be able to use the router as an access point throughout the office ...

L85 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re: Slow speeds on Gig1

So we upgraded to Gig1 recently and they sent us a hub4, we installed that where our old hub3 was and switched it to modem mode as we use an Asus Ac2900 as the router (I think, it may be a different model but cannot check at the time of writing this)...

Help plz

4 years of pain For the longest time my internet connection has been terrible. It’s been slow, always disconnecting, and never ever reliable. From dying at night to disconnecting randomly and having extremely slow speeds, I’ve had enough. I’m switchi...

Intermittent broadband connectivity and speed

My Virgin media broadband 125 connection is very poor. I have been doing repeated speed tests over a roughly 15 minute period this evening on my iPhone11 over wifi whilst sat in the exact same spot 7m from my router with nearly clear line of site to ...

alboudry_0-1678141413632.png
alboudry by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Teams and Cisco Audio problems

Im trying to work from home and have to attend MS Teams and Cisco calls but they keep dropping packets and losing audio. I have tried being wired and wireless connected boht have problems.I wonder if its something getting filtered on the network but ...

dorrpark22 by On our wavelength
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Modem

Hi,  I have a constant red light on the front of my hub, it is not overheating, and works as it should,  anything to worry about?