Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

WiFi Pods

How do I get a Wi-Fi pod. I had my broadband installed today and the guy said I may need a pod upstairs. I can’t get any WiFi in the bedrooms. 

POOR WI-FI IN BEDROOM

We have recently had VM Broadband and telephone fitted and the internet signal upstairs is awful. One minute is is working and the next totally drops out and nothing works. I have done the scan on the VM connect app and it is recommending WI-FI Pods ...

Emgerry by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Problem, reported as 'interference'

Hi all. Over the last two weeks or so, my connection speed via wifi seems to have slowed, tested this am at 26 up, 10 down. I'm on M250. The hub test and reset process, done several times tells me that all of my devices have connection problems and i...

Problem connecting WiFi device to Hub 3

Trying to connect a Solax Wifi device to my Hub 3 to use Solax Cloud app.The Solax appears in my Wifi Networks. Followed instructions in Solax guideshttps://www.solaxcloud.com/wifiSetting/index.html but I keep getting error ‘cannot connect’Do I need ...

Dexy137 by Joining in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intermittent connection and packet loss

For several weeks now I've been experiencing a bad internet connection and packet loss. I've been on the phone several times, had an engineer over on the 17th of March but the connection has not improved whatsoever.Like many others, I am working from...

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-13 at 17.53.32.jpg 2023-04-06 18_40_19-Broadband Quality Monitor _ thinkbroadband.png
YuriM by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need confirmation of engineer visit

I have been told by the helpline that an engineer will be visiting on Monday (27/03) morning but I have not received the promised confirmation and neither is it showing on my account. Is there any other way I can check/confirm this? Can anyone from V...

DebJon by On our wavelength
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't separate 2.4 and 5.0 GHZ - HUB 5

  There is no access to changing the frequency the various buttons are "greyed out" and although the SSID ends in 2.4GHz I think it is  a combined signal and my CCTV need just the single 2.4GHz frequency - I had no problem with my Hub 3.Any help out ...

IMG_3622 2.jpg IMG_3621.JPG
NW45 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

shocked to be honest-customer sevice call

hi ive been a customer for years , ive got 1gig fibre broadband and a sim card for o2 and they charge me 65 a month.2 months ago i was promised a hub 5 as soon as it was back in stock which would be 2 weeks.finally after two months i called and went ...

SNR and power level issue

Hi all,I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but I've just got off the live chat with the support rep who was not very helpful and didn't seem to understand what I was saying. I've been getting odd latency issues in real time applica...

Screenshot_20230406_132354.png
neadaiv by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

No email or app confirmation of engineer visit

Hello,I recently joined virgin media last week on Monday and opted for the self install service as the previous tenants had it set up previously. After setting it up and activating - there is a green light flashing at the bottom of the hub. I’m able ...