Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Resolved! Slow speed

Hi guys. Never have I been as frustrated as I am now. I recently upgraded to the 500 package but upon doing numerous speed tests I'm literally getting around 110 download and 35.2 upload. What the hell is that all about. All virgin keep saying is ' t...

port 80 blocked

HiI have a SH2ac in Modem Mode and an Asus router. I would like to get a certificate with LetsEncrypt but this needs port 80 to be functioning, and it needs to keep on functioning for certificate renewal. I have a service working and have it sitting ...

daryah by On our wavelength
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub 3 is running hot and the red light is on

Hi, my the light on my Hub 3 has been changing to red intermittently for the past week or so.  The unit was cool to the touch at first but I've noticed now that it is feeling hot around the top of the unit.  It is not in a hot place and is well venti...

Andy258 by Tuning in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Ordering WiFi pods

Good morning,I have recently become a Volt member, and after running scans via the connect app, I have a couple of rooms that are below the 20mbps. Unfortunately I cannot see a way to then order the WiFi pods. Is that something that can be arranged o...

Wi-Fi Router Jitter

Ive just been reviewing Wi-Fi speed and noted that jitter is 800 and 780Mbps vs 1000Mbps and jitter of 2 to the router. Do I need a new router? It’s only 2 months old. these readings were taken 3 meters from the router. thanks for any input

Constant crashes every morning

Can anyone help, nearly every morning I wake to no Internet,  router says nothing wrong, ie white light but nothing loads and virgin box says no Internet, always says no problem in area on website but its getting virtually every day, this Internet is...

Virgin Wi-Fi pods

Hi,I’ve recently bought VM Wi-Fi and found that my bedroom is a complete dead spot. Phone, tv, everything is under 10mpbs when the other rooms are 250+. I’ve been looking at the pods but unsure how to get one as when I rang customer service I got to ...

No DNS on Guest Network

For some reason no DNS is set for devices connecting to my guest network so they’re reporting there’s no internet once connected. This happened a few weeks ago so I completely reset my Hub 4 and set it up again like I did before. This seemed to have ...

Danmoo by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 4 dropping to 5mbps

Can someone help the hub 4 is driving me mad. It runs at 200-300 mbps as it should but only for a short time and the rest of the time barely hits 10mbps. Resetting the router fixes it but not for long.

haris7 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos