Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 40 kudos

Disconnecting from VM - still connected

My contact has already finished on 5/04/23. I have change to another provider. First I got disconnection date on 19/04/23 that didn’t happen because the person I spoke to didn’t put that in the system. So after contacting virgin again I was told the ...

auzaneta by Tuning in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't order WiFi Pod via app.

Hi,Please can someone help me with getting my first WiFi pod? I'm on the 1GB package and the app doesn't work when trying to order one. There is no WiFi signal at all in one of my rooms so the app. can't connect to verify the signal etc.Thanks,

Kolchak by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

No service

I don’t have terrestrial TV and rely 100% on streaming.  Arguably one of  the most important occasions in our history today.  The Coronation of our new monarch and we’re not able  to watch it in our house thanks to Virgin Media and their crap service...

Cant order wifi pod for intermittent wifi

Hi,Can someone from the virgin media team message me please?Basically I got offered wifi pods before but I had split ssids so they couldn't send them. I have merged them now. In one room the wifi is intermittent and sometimes disconnects because of w...

Dan84 by On our wavelength
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPN issues with HUB 5

I’ve been using a lesser known VPN for a while, but since moving over to the HUB 5 (which I’ve been very happy with), I’ve not been able to access my usual services. The VPN provider has told me that I need disable IPV6 on my router. But a) I’m not s...

ChrisDee by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wi-Fi Keeps Disconnecting with Hub5

Evening all, I hope someone can help please. We got VM 1Gig broadband installed last month and we received a Hub 5. Ever since it’s keeps disconnecting periodically. At first it seemed to be every night around 9.30pm and thought it must be the area w...

Horrible WiFi and Router always dropping

My WiFi speeds are great... when it works. The router is flashing 3/4 times a day and disconnects. Its stressful as this happens during working hours also. I reset my router most evenings as it takes up to 20 mins to come back up. Is there anything m...

Hub 4 flashing red light

For the 2nd time in the space of a few days I've got a flashing hub. First instance, outage in the area, took a good 16 hours to fix. Same today, went off, checked the status online (After tethering to my mobile) saw another outage for broadband and ...

Resolved! Adding Ethernet switches to my Hub 5

Hi all, I am a newbie to the VM Forum.I have the VM Hub5 with over 500GB download speed. I am looking into running a new network in my home. Starting with a 16-port ethernet switch. This is purely for expansion purposes reasons, along with the Cat8 c...

Network.png
GrrBruv by Tuning in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Continous broadband dipping

Continous problems with WiFi dipping every 5- 10 minutes. I've spoken to customer service, had a technican out and logged 3-4 complaints and my issue is still not sorted! I've done all service checks, rebooted router, taken out all cables and reconne...