Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Unpausing

Hi I've been setting up the connect app. Working out who's device is who's, I then tried the pause function only to find I can not unpause it. I've restarted the app disconnected and reconnected to the Internet yet its still paused seems a great idea...

PHLFCSH by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

18 month contract ending early

I’m confused as my 18 month contract end on 7th of April but I’m being charged without the discount and offers of this contract for the dates of feb 22nd to march 22nd but that would still be in the 18 month contract yet when I call they make no sens...

Resolved! Virgin Connect app not working

Connected ipad and android to a personalised wifi name and password via Connect App. Tried to scan rooms for wifi strength. App says ipad and phone is not connected to home network. They are. I've rebooted Hub 3 and uninstalled and reinstalled App a ...

ElTel1 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Connection keeps dropping

Over the past few days my connection keeps dropping, restarted, reset router multiple times. Router is in the same clutter free space as its always been.Done all the usual checks, run line test saying nothing is wrong when there clearly is.Not paying...

High packet loss

Monday-friday I keep getting high packet loss for up to 5 hours what making gaming impossible. I would upload a picture of pingplotter but your forum only allow 1mb file... it dropping packets all across the line to Google ip 216.58.213.4 but by a la...

My hub4 doesn’t want to hard reset

I have a hub4 router and it was working and all of a sudden, there is no Wi-Fi, tried Ethernet cable to access my internet, no joy. I tried to unplug and plug back in but no luck.i tried holding the reset button but no luck.When I switch the router o...

BT PRO Connection to hub 5

I’m unable to connect my BT TV PRO box to my virgin hub 5 ,either by wired connection (talk talk power line connectors) or wireless.The BT tv BOX won’t rescan to find my super hub ,it does show one vm network address ,but that’s not mine . I previous...

Toggyuel by Joining in
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos