Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

4 days for a technician visit

4 days for a technician visit!My broadband service stopped working this morning at 10:30. I decamped to my friends house who is on BT. I get back home at 6pm, still no service. I phone customer support and am told my problem needs a Technician visit ...

KT4awful by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 3 atom restarted error

Hi only had a hub 3 for a few days which replaced a superhub 2ac and noticed the Internet freezed and then checking the network logs saw the notice about the atom is restarted error there was 2 of them yesterday is my hub 3 faulty or is that a known ...

madmanx by On our wavelength
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change IP address using modem mode

I'm trying to change my seemingly static IP, but CS said that my Hub 3 is linked to that IP from start and can't simply change it, either use a VPN or put it in modem mode and using another router I can get a new IP.I'm not good with networking, so I...

edison65 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Upgrade" Black Sagemcom Router issues

I had zero issues with virgin media over the past 3 years until the pushed their new black router on me. Has anyone else faced issues with this router? I don't even use the router itself to manage my network, I simply forward the connection to my own...

samata by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Frequent disconnects - High volume of Post RS errors

Good Morning, We recently (Feb/March) upgraded at end of contract and upgraded to the 500Mb Package. We have retained our Hub3 router which has been in Modem mode connected to a Deco M5 TpLink Mesh for the past 12 months with no issues. Since upgradi...

Resolved! Router for home Network

Hi ...I wanted to use my Hub3 DOCSIS 3.0 Router on a home network. On researching the subject i have found that it is possible to use a router with a usb  port to facilitate this. However sadly my router does not have a usb port on it. My question is...

DG4 by On our wavelength
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Router status - Network Log

HelloIs it normal to have the below in the network log on router status. We do appear to be suffering performance issues on occasions. Thanks. TimePriorityDescription10/05/2023 18:46:23criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:*...

Oaksmurf by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos