Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 40 kudos

Broadband keep disconnecting

My Hub 3 keeps disconnecting, here are the logs (I don't know what any of it means) I've booked an engineer but would prefer if it could be done remotely if possible before the visit and I will cancel.ThanksDownstream bonded channelsChannel Frequency...

No wi-fi

Last night at 11.30 our wi-fi went down. Internet via ethernet cable is still fine but no wi-fi.Have done multiple reboots, including hard resets via the hole under the box but the wi-fi is not working at all.We only have the router set up for 2g (lo...

charscot by Dialled in
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do I contact VM to get a replacement router?

Virgin Media - How do I go about getting a new router? This has to be the most ridiculous way to contact a service provider I have ever come across! And I work in telecomms!The Hub 3 that I have has a constant red light, I have done the following- Re...

Resolved! Need help please

Broadband is slow internet no existantBought whole home mesh wifi system but received the following message, what does it mean and which one do i choose. TIA  

Screenshot_20230528_131917_Deco.jpg
Kazmoz1 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub 3 Not working with my Routers anymore

Hi a couple of weeks ago my internet went offsince it cam back on my router keeps losing interent from the hub nowthe only way I can get the internet back on is if i switch  the hub in normal mode .(not using my 3rd party router)Sometimes the router ...

swampy46 by On our wavelength
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why is support so terrible?

So,Apparently work was scheduled in our area Thursday. Our internet has been down the entire time since, so I decided to call after getting a text saying 'We're finished working in your area, your internet is okay now.' on the same day, And my intern...

Guy1195 by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Recurrent problem with reliability of the wifi

Hello people, I live in London SE18.In the last few months I have experienced recurrent problems with the stability of the network and I find myself turning off/on the modem. Additionally I have a 1gbit contract, but my speed, although quote fast ten...

Emanuele by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tv and hun keep flashing- why?

Last time this happened we’d had our connection moved in the street box. I can’t get hold of anyone from virgin to complain or even send anyone to investigate? What am I supposed to do as the internet keeps going out? 

JBoon by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Should I turn off 2.4 GHz?

I have recently upgraded to the hub five.I have fairly new iPhones in the house and Xbox x and iPad Pro. I have no idea whether these can pick up 5 GHz signals.I have heard it is beneficial to turn off the 2.4 GHz signal on the router.I was wondering...

Milarepa by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos